POST :: Project Manager
Job Date :: 1/3/2019
Division :: IT
Job Location :: Toronto Downtown
Qualification :: Project Mgmt.
Salary :: 100000$+
Experience :: 5+ years
Our Mississauga client is in need of a Project Manager.
• Manage projects and/or strategic initiatives with a fairly large team (more than 10-15 team members) and a manpower budget of $200,000 - $500,000 including the creation and management of project definition specification, project plan and detailed implementation plan, communication plan, etc. ensuring the project is correctly scoped, scheduled and managed.
• Client exposure is expected at this level and must be managed alongside Senior manager, Portfolio Manager,
Client Relations and other other stakeholders. Prepare and contribute to internal and client presentations.
Manage client and stakeholder expectations.
• Ensure projects assigned are delivered on time, on scope, on budget. Closely monitor timelines and project costs
to ensure adherence with approved project plans. Variances to plan will be documented, reported and escalated
• Responsible for communication management (i.e. the preparation of project, client and executive reports).
• Assist with document preparation, which may include; Statements of Work, proposals, contracts, estimates,
requirements analysis, and technical audits.
• Manage the efforts of inter-departmental teams. Allocate resources and organize available resources effectively.
• Aggressively protect the project’s scope to ensure that scope creep does not result by enforcing change
• Coordinate complex technical, system and process audits on client and internal engagements.
• Assist with the interviewing and selection of third party vendors and contractors as required. Manage the work
efforts and budgets provided for third party providers and consultants.
• Facilitate team meetings to communicate progress, status, issues, assignments and urgency.
• Perform and document post-project reviews.
• Work with the project team to identify and anticipate issues and risks. Be prepared to manage issues and risks
that may arise and escalate those that are unresolved to senior project management to ensure that possible
actions will mitigate these.
• May provide feedback of team member’s performance on a project for the purposes of the employee’s
Required skills and knowledge:
• Must have 1 – 3 years of IT experience in any of the following areas: Systems Analysis, Development, Support,
Testing, Maintenance or supervisory experience, Agile Development, Scrum
• Knowledge of the Project Management Institute’s approach to Project Management and demonstrated
successful completion of an introduction to Project Management course.
• University degree in a related field is preferable
• Position may require minimal travel to sites across Canada.
• Position may require “off-hours” support during implementations
• Good, Communication Skills.,Presentation Skills ,Interpersonal skills,Problem solving skills,Critical Path
Thinking,Work Breakdown Structure,Negotiating skills,Risk Management
• Strong, MS Project, Word, Excel and Power Point